Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Inaugural Post

I am sitting here getting ready to watch the Jets, and then later on the Yanks hopefully clinch, and the Giants rebound from last week's defeat by the Saints. I am also thinking about how much more time I have left to fly fish this waning fall season here on Long Island. It's been a good season so far, despite too much work and being anchored to a desk and a PC. But there have been just enough fly fishing opportunities to keep life in balance. Hey, that's what it's all about. I'm figuring we just might have another month or so get some striped bass to eat flies. If the late run of herring materializes we can stretch the catching into December. That may be wishful thinking the way the run is shaping up but I am sure there will be some holdout bass trying to stretch things out as long as I hope to. The bluefish will be long gone, as will the albies and bonito. But the hardy, cold weather bass will linger. At least some of them will. Any fish that I can still catch in December in the northeast is a worthy opponent. And when they leave, well...it will be time to train my sights on some great Florida game fish! If you are reading this, thanks. I hope to see you back here often. Stay well and keep casting. AP

2 comments:

  1. Hello, it is nice to see your comments. Yeah, the Yankees proved once again they are great! If it gets too cold you can pay me a visit and catch some tailing redfish here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Series should be good one. The Phillies are a tough opponent but the Boys from the Bronx should prevail. At least they did better than the Giants did last night! And tailing redfish are always a tough invite to refuse! One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete